Login
Mining

CEMENT PLANT SET UP IN MASAITI HITS GROUND

ZCCM Investment Holding says the setting up of the Central African Cement Plant in Masaiti district in the Copperbelt in partnership with a Chinese company has reached an advanced stage.

Speaking when a Parliamentary Committee on parastatals visited Ndola Lime Company, ZCCM-IH Chief Executive Officer Mabvuto Chipata said a team of experts was currently on the ground assessing the project site.

Chipata stated that ZCCM-IH will hold 49 per cent shares in the cement while the remaining 51 per cent would be held by SinoConst of China.

He said the company is so far working on obtaining insurance for the part of the funds that had been released by the financiers.

“The cement project has advanced, a team of officers are currently on the ground on the project site. We are waiting for the managing firm to obtain insurance for the part of the finances that have been funded,” he said.

He said the raw materials for the plant would be supplied by Ndola Lime who have them in excess.

Chipata further said once completed the cement plant would have production capacity of 5,000 tonnes per day of Clinker with a 50 Megawatts (MW) thermal power plant. “During the construction works, the project will create jobs for 10,000 people and once commissioned, 1,000 would be 


This article was tagged in

zccm-IH cement plant MASAITI SINOCONST